Mayur Barot, RCR and Acupressure Therapist
Since March 2019 I joined Knoxville Reflexology Group, Inc. (KRG, Inc.) and have loved working with many types of clients who have various health challenges. I grew up in India working over 20 years in yogic science since 1997. The Whole-Body Reflexology & Acupressure treatment I do brings relaxation to each client. Shoulder and neck pain, as well as back pain, knee pain and varicose veins improve rather quickly. My treatment also helps release the stiffness of muscles in clients with paralysis and Parkinson’s disorder. Special steam treatment, which is applied to the different parts of the body, through clothes with warm towels, enhances the results tremendously.
Reflexology is a very old Chinese Acupressure Technique used to help improve various conditions. Reflexology works on energy pathways of the Human Body to improve problems. Reflexology works on several pressure points which relate to some major organs of the body. Applying correct pressure on the exact Reflexology pressure points helps to reduce pains and aches from various parts of body. However, Reflexology can be helpful only if the pressure points are stimulated on a regular basis. Reflexology is an easy way to deal with so many challenges which arise in the Human Body in their daily routine. Moreover, Reflexology does not have any side effects. The only thing we should keep in mind is that the Reflexology pressure points must be stimulated correctly.
Reflexology regulates the energy pathways of the Human Body through some pressure points situated on feet, hands, ears and face. Reflexology Therapy helps in reducing Physical and Mental Stress of Body.
At KRG, Inc., we offer Therapeutic Reflexology & Acupressure Therapy which are very effective and necessary for better health. Reflexology pressure points help improve various types of disorders like Sleeping Disorder, Eating Disorder, etc. The common pains and aches like Headache, Toothache, Neck pain, Back pain, Knee pain, etc. can be reduced with Reflexology. Reflexology Therapy is also proven to help with some serious problems like Sinus Congestion, Nasal Problems, Anxiety and Stress, Depression, Insomnia, Indigestion problems, Migraine, Menstrual Disorders, Diarrhea etc.
Reflexology: Benefits and Limitations
Reflexology is useful in many ways. With help of Reflexology Points, any symptoms can be improved and reduced. But like every other therapy, Reflexology also has pros and cons. The Reflexology benefits and limitations which can be explained as follows:
Benefits / Advantages of Reflexology:
Reflexology is helpful to…
- Improve blood circulation and energy in body by stimulating pressure points.
- Give relief in Stress and helps in Stress Management.
- Help relieve Back Pain, Neck Pain, Neck Stiffness, Shoulder Tension, Headache, Toothache, etc.
- Help improve digestion functioning and reduce Stomach problems such as Acidity, Ulcer, Chest burn, Gas.
- Remove craving for food and balance appetite and reduce amount of wastes.
- Help relieve Depression, Nausea and other mental disorders.
- Minimize Sinus Congestion and Nasal Problems.
- Reduce Nasal pain and to get rid of Runny or Stuffy Nose.
- Give relief in lung issues.
- Relieve Ankle Pain, Knee Pain, Elbow Pain, etc.
- Help improve Skin tone and heal skin disorders.
- Help to improve Eyesight through massaging points.
- Help to relieve cold, cough, constipation, Arthritis, Dizziness and Sore throat.
- Help to Improve memory.
- Help to reduce Menstrual Disorders in women.
- Help to reduce emotional challenges of irritability, anger and frustration.
- Minimize addictions to tobacco, smoking, etc. by stimulating some pressure points.
- Improve healing from sports injuries.
- Give Relaxation to the body.
- Reflexology can be applied to any person of any age, including pregnant women.
- Reflexology is useful for self-treatment. We give homework assignments.
- Reflexology is not painful at all.
- Reflexology improves immune system of body.
Limitations / Disadvantages of Reflexology:
You must remember the Limitations of Reflexology before trying the Reflexology Technique. The Disadvantages / Limitations of Reflexology Therapy are as follows:
Reflexology cannot heal or may be harmful in following cases:
- Applying pressure at wrong pressure point will not give relief to the problem. But it may lead to rise of some other problem.
- When the pressure is higher than the requirement, it creates pain near the pressure point or in that part of body.
- When a person having no experience tries to apply the Reflexology Technique, results and improvement is minimal.
- Reflexology has not proven as treatment for Cancer.
- Reflexology reduces the problems, heals the problem but cannot be used as conventional medicines / medications to cure the problem completely.
- Reflexology can decrease symptoms on short term basis and may improve symptoms in the future.
- Reflexology does not guarantee to cure some serious problems or critical stage of illness.
- Reflexology Treatment may be very expensive if the Expert of Reflexology is required on a regular basis.
- When the illness is at higher stage, Reflexology cannot cure it early, the patient will have to take conventional medicines.
- Sometimes it is risky to go for Reflexology when the condition has been there for a longer period time.
Call 865-588-1911 for more information or go to www.knoxvillereflexology.com click Book Appointment and pay online.