The skin is the body’s largest organ, an active interface between our bodies and the environment. It’s been well documented that what you put on your skin ends up in your bloodstream, so it’s really important to be fully aware of what’s in the products you use. That’s why we use Neal’s Yard Remedies for all of our facials. When it comes to the ingredients in their products, Neal’s Yard Remedies prides themselves on their honesty, integrity and transparency. They are committed to harvesting and sourcing the most sustainable ingredients, creating natural, organic, high-quality products that work. Neal’s Yard Remedies works on the precautionary principle: if there is absolutely any question regarding the consumer safety of a product, it doesn’t make the cut. Plain and simple. Our client’s health and skin is very important to us and we can feel good knowing that they are receiving only the best!
We believe that what you leave out of a product can be as important as what you put in.
Below is a list of a few of the ingredients you won’t find in any of our Neal’s Yard Remedies and why:
- No synthetic fragrances – many contain chemicals that are harmful to healt
- No silicones – they coat skin, and impede its natural function
- No mineral oils – derived from petroleum, and have a tendency to block the skin
- No parabens – these are linked to hormonal imbalancesNo phthalates – it’s reported they have toxic impact on humans and animal life
- No propylene glycol – derived from petroleum
- No animal testing – unnecessary and cruel
- No DEA – associated with known carcinogens
- No GMO ingredients – not enough is known about possible long-term implications
- No EDTA – (powerful metal chelator), and doesn’t biodegrade readily
- No acrylates – derived from petroleum
- No nano – not enough is known about its long term implications
- No BHT – linked to breathing and lung impairment
Why Choose Organic?
Neel Yard Remedies
Healthy planet, healthy you! Organic ingredients are better for you because they contain the highest levels of beneficial vitamins, minerals and nutrients. They’re also better for the planet because they are free from contamination by toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers, better for farmers, their families and communities, the soil, future crops, wildlife, water courses… we could go on. Basically, organic is just better!
Look out for the Soil Association logo, it’s your independent guarantee that the absolute maximum of certified organic ingredients are inside.
Meet the people producing our ingredients
Improving people’s lives is really what it’s all about for us. The lives of our customers, the people we work with, our suppliers and their families and communities. We do this through supporting organic farming, sustainable wild-harvesting and fair trade programs. We believe that building strong, lasting relationships is better for everyone, and are passionate about understanding exactly where our ingredients come from, how they are produced and meeting our suppliers out in the field (literally).